Monday, September 14, 2009

He's a Great Daddy!


My husband is a really good dad! I am not joking. I always knew he would be a good dad. When we were teenagers, we would sit and talk about having kids one day. We would sit and talk about how many babies we wanted. Who they would look like. And what kind of fun things we would do as a family. I would watch how good he was with all these kids. In some ways, I think that is what made me fall more in love with him. The love and patients he had with kids. And when I freaked out during my first pregnancy, he calmed me down. He assured me that we were going to be great parents. I'm glad he had all this confidence. Because I was freaking out.

But over the last 2 days, Joe has just showed me why I love him so much! We were listening to the radio. Eva is really into the oldies right now. It cracks me up. There are certain songs that she knows the words to, or just likes to dance to. Joe was working on some paperwork. I was playing with Eva and trying to email my mom some pictures. The song "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" came on the radio. Eva just lit up!

She started dancing. She knows part of the chorus. And was singing away. She got Joe to put on her pink boa and some pink sunglasses. They danced around the den. He had her laughing hysterically! Let me tell you, it takes a real man to do that. Joe was just so into making Eva happy. The danced and goofed off until it was bedtime.

And tonight, Eva was trying to convince her daddy that she should sleep in the "Big Bed." That's our bed. As much as she has her daddy wrapped around her little finger, it just isn't working. He did make a deal with her. Joe agreed to read her 3 books if she would sleep in her bed. Our dogs, Jack and Jill will also sleep in her room. :)

Joe is such a good daddy. He is so patient with Eva. No matter what is going on. The 2 of them will sit for hours figuring something out. Like when we bought her this dollhouse for toddlers. The 2 of them sat there putting it together. She is always at his side, helping her daddy. Or sitting in his lap watching him work. I can't help but get all teary eyed when I walk into a room and see them sitting next to each other, staring at some project. Just the 2 of them in their own little world.

I know that I am very lucky. Not all men are like Joe. He prefers to be home with us. Every night, we eat dinner together. We spend time together as a family. Playing with Eva, reading books, or watching some cartoon. My husband isn't afraid to put a frilly hat on his head, to get a smile out of his daughter. And I enjoy the fact that we put her to bed together. Joe is an amazing daddy. ♥Anna Marie♥

No comments: