Friday, October 16, 2009

Miracles of Pregnancy


Being pregnant is one of the most amazing things ever! I'm serious. The first time I felt Eva move inside my belly, I was so excited. It was a feeling I couldn't quite describe to Joe. When she started to really move and kick, Joe got to experience it too! I can still remember how excited he got. The look in his eyes when he felt Eva kick.

But the miracles of pregnancy are amazing. You feel your baby growing inside of you. You can feel them doing flips. They kick. Heck, Emma likes to grab onto my ribs. But they are amazing feelings nonetheless. Even on the days when the kick to no end. Or won't let you sleep. You just feel all of these amazing things going on inside your body.

There are other miracles that happen. There is the ever expanding belly. One day, you just wake up to a belly. With no real warning, you just wake up one morning, and your belly has grown. Or like Joe says, the bun has popped! Yes, both times that I have been pregnant, I just woke up one morning, and I had my bump. It still surprises me that I could go to bed and there not be anything there. But when I wake up, I have my belly.

There are also the funny and weird cravings you get. The kind that you can't describe or understand. Like how one day you want to eat an entire jar of pickles. And the next day, you can't stand the smell of them. Maybe there is a craving for Sonic corn dogs. Yes, you go every single day. Then you feel sick when you just see the Sonic logo. That happens. For the first few months, I hated the smell of eggs cooking. That put a major damper on my husband's mornings. He likes to eat eggs for breakfast.

But he dealt with me. He helped me through the horrible morning sickness too. The kind that would leave me hugging the toilet for dear life. Joe would hold my hair back. He would slowly rub circles on my back. Just letting me know he was there for me. Let me tell you, I feel very blessed to have the husband that I have.

Through it all, being pregnant is a miracle. It is one of those things that I cannot fully describe. You just have to feel it, to understand it. I would go through months and months of morning sickness if I had to. Anything to ensure I would have a healthy, pink baby after 9 months. Those are the miracles of pregnancy.

Like the first time you hear your baby's heartbeat. Or the first time you get to see them during an ultrasound. Those are moments you will never forget. Just like I will never forget the 1st time I held Eva. That beautiful pink face. She left me speechless. Even with all the baby goop all over her, she was still the most gorgeous baby I have ever seen! To just think, Joe and I made this beautiful baby. And she grew for 9 months inside me, that in and of itself, is a miracle. I can't wait to hold Emma Grace. ♥Anna Marie♥

No comments: