Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Counting My Blessings



The last week, it's been an emotional roller coaster. Lola's best friend almost died. While in labor with her precious little girl! They both almost died. The result of a drunk driver hitting them. And it scared the living daylights out of Lola.

This would have to be the week that the BBs have shows. All week. And Lola couldn't get out of the gigs. She was spending all her time at the hospital with Baby C. When she had to go work, I'd stay with Baby C. Her mommy didn't want her to be alone.

This was an experience. I cried the first day. Just to see this precious little baby. She had so many tubes and monitors attached to her. Fighting for her little life. It just shocked me. And it made me sad. I felt helpless. I wanted to make all of her pain go away. I didn't know what to do.

I just can't understand why this innocent baby has to suffer so much. She should be with her mommy. They should be loving each other. But they were both fighting to survive. You can read more about their story at Lola's blog.

All of this made me think. Every night I'd sit there with Baby C. Praying for her. Asking God to take care of her. And heal her. It made me realize how lucky Joe and I are. For one, we have each other to lean on. If anything bad were to happen to us, we have each other. This new mom, she has no husband to lean on. He left.

Secondly, Joe and I have 2 very healthy and happy little girls. There was never any drama or scary issues with my pregnancies. Or our deliveries. Our girls have always been healthy. I got to hold my little girls, immediately after they were born. We spent the first 6 weeks of their lives, together. Inseparable.

This week, I've kissed and hugged my girls more. I've spent more time with them. Enjoyed every tiny detail of their lives. How Eva loves to cuddle before nap time. And how excited she gets to see and experience new things. Emma, she makes my heart melt with her smile. The way she holds on to me, it is priceless.

I'm counting my blessings. Realizing that I'm very lucky and blessed. I have a husband that loves me. And 2 healthy daughters. My life is perfect. Just the way it is. Watching my little girls grow. And having my husband to love. These 3 beautiful souls, are all that matter to me. ♥Anna Marie♥

No comments: